Cotswold Allrunners (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Data Protection Policy, Data Retention Policy and any other documents referred to in those terms or policies) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (up to and including 24 May 2018) and the General Data Protection Regulation (on and from 25 May 2018) (the Legislation), the data controller is Cotswold Allrunners of The Lawns, Field Road, Stroud, Glos GL5 2JA.
Information we may collect from you and how we collect it
We, or authorised third parties, may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms or leaving comments on our site www.cotswoldallrunners.club (our site). This includes information provided at the time subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your membership, including contact information and medial information you provide.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access. We do not obtain specific user data such as who you are.
We, or authorised third parties, may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
Some of our data processors and third party service providers are located outside of the EEA, such as in the US. We will only transfer personal data outside the EEA subject to appropriate safeguards. These safeguards will usually consist of standard data protection clauses which we will adopt and implement with the relevant data processor or third party service provider; we will inform you in advance if other safeguards are to apply.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Why we collect your information and uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To exercise our legitimate club interests.
- To carry out other functions with your specific consent.
Disclosure of your information (When we share your information)
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we use a processor, in which case we will ensure that the processor complies with this policy and all relevant data protection legislation.
How long we retain your information
We will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as:
- any contracts you make with us are live;
- is necessary to comply with our legitimate club interests; or
- is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
For further information about our retention of your personal data, please see our Data Retention Policy.
Your rights and choices about your information
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Cotswold Allrunners, The Lawns, Field Road, Stroud, Glos GL5 2JA
You may contact us at any time to:
- request access to, deletion of or correction of, your information;
- request your information be transferred to another person; and
- complain to a supervisory authority.
If you consider that we have not complied with this policy or the relevant Legislation in respect of your personal data or someone else’s, you should raise the matter with our Data Protection Manager. Any such breach will be taken seriously and will be dealt with in accordance with the relevant Legislation.
You have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner:
Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
0303 123 1113.
For more details, please consult the relevant data protection legislation or address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to our Data Protection Manager.
Links to other sites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Legislation. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.